A slow-growing, dwarf, male tree that grows in an upright, vase-shaped form to only 150cm tall over the first 10 years. Deeply bi-lobed leaves purportedly resemble butterflies with jade green wings, hence the cultivar name. Foliage turns a uniform and very showy golden yellow in autumn.
where to plant Ginkgo biloba 'Jade Butterfly'
- height: - cm
- leaf color: green light green
- habit: wide
- growth: slow
- level: easy
- light: full sun sunny morning sun evening sun
- moisture: average moist
- soil texture: pervious light normal
- organic matter: normal high
- pH: acid neutral limy
- winter zone: 5 [-25°C]
Ginkgo biloba 'Jade Butterfly' in the garden
- Suggested planting locations and garden types: roof garden intensive rockgarden gravel garden troughs cemetery plants along path small garden planters pot